|Just Quinoa Bread (almond-free option)|
2 cups whole quinoa
1 cup ground flax seeds or flax seed meal
3 & 1/3 cup water
1 cup lightly packed, finely ground almonds or finely ground almond flour or ground quinoa/quinoa flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp powdered kelp (optional)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
|Grain-free Quinoa & Almond Vegan Bread|
3) Add ground flax seed and 1& 1/3 cup water to food processor and process mixture until homogeneous.
4) In large bowl, place finely ground almonds (or quinoa flour), baking soda, and powdered kelp, and combine dry ingredients.
5) Add quinoa mixture from food processor to dry mix in bowl.
6) Stir ingredients well, making sure to scrape bottom of bowl
7) Lastly, add apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) to bowl and gently fold into mixture with silicone or rubber spatula. At this point the bread will begin rising, so be careful not to over mix. The mixture should a thick batter.
8) Quickly pour mixture into greased bread pan and place in oven. You should be able to slightly shape the top of the loaf after pouring it into the pan.
9) Bake for 1 hour.
10) Let loaf cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then loosen sides with knife and flip out of pan. Cool on rack or plate, if you don't have a rack.
11) After two hours, bread will be sliceable. Depending on how long you want your bread to stay fresh, keep it at room temperature for a couple of days, or for 4-5 days refrigerated, wrapped in a paper towel or brown paper bag, and kept in plastic.